It’s been a rather eventful week, with more downs than ups, and definitely not enough sleep. But as it does every week, Friday’s come along and I’m still somewhat whole.
Likewise, we’re a month into 2015, after what turned out to be a very dramatic year. I’ve spent much of the last few days thinking about 2014, and the various sad moments that I thought would never end, and the happy moments that I wish hadn’t ended. It was a year of growth and upheaval, and of things that I never expected to be a part of my life. So here’s to the 26 Things I Did in 2014, and the things I’ll do next.
- Completely memorized hiragana, and can now write and read in it. Next stop: katakana, and 100 kanji.
- Applied to become a Women Write About Comics staff writer, and actually succeeded!
- Participated in diversity discussions on social media.
- Submitted a short story to a real contest for the first time (I didn’t win, but y’all don’t even know what it took for me to even decide to enter).
- Reread all 7 Harry Potter books, and wrote about them.
- Walked around New York City by myself and did not get lost once.
- Wrote my first Con Diary for Fan Expo.
- Moved to a new house!
- Learned how to really use all the complicated stuff in Excel (I know, I’m shocked too.)
- Wrote about Japanese and Korean dramas that have taught me about plotting out storylines and using tropes in creative ways.
- Became a Canadian.
- Hand-decorated Christmas cookies.
- Made my Goodreads reading goal for the year.
- Went on a vacation by myself for the first time.
- Visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Museum of Modern Art.
- Visited Tennessee for the first time!
- Celebrated Meghan’s birthday with Tara and Kayla during an AFriends Arashi Weekend!
- Met Aimee and Madiha for the first time in real life!
- Met Jojo, Nuance, Daphne and Lillie for the first time in real life!
- Visited Kinokuniya and flailed over all the Arashi stuff.
- Saw Vincent van Gogh’s “Starry Night” in real life, a dream I’ve had since I was a kid.
- Spent 12+ hours watching Pretty Guardian Sailormoon with the U_M girls!
- Saw Matt Smith and Arthur Darvill at Fan Expo.
- Met Maggie Stiefvater and didn’t cry!
- Fell in love with the webseries Carmilla and attended a meetup with the cast.
- Saw Wicked for the first time at the Detroit Opera House!
What was your 2014 like, readers?
Categories: life and times of angel