2013 was a strange year, overall–it seemed to pass so quickly, but it brought so many weird and wonderful things into my life. I also turned 25 this year, which is a milestone, I suppose? I can no longer fake the whole “adult” thing, cause wow, I really am one, complete with all the trappings and responsibilities.
That said, 2013 did have some really good moments, and I would like to take this opportunity to look back on them before I let 2014 carry me along. So here is my list of the 25 Things I (Somehow) Did in 2013!
- Wrote a 100k word novel over nine months, and am still working on it now.
- Started learning Japanese. (I can read about 75% of the hiragana alphabet now, and can translate some very simple sentences.)
- Saw three fantastic musicals: Les Miserables (twice! with Ramin Karimloo as Valjean!), Once and Avenue Q.
- Spent my 25th birthday having an Arashi watch party with two of my favourite people in a plush hotel room.
- Got a full-time job that I love!
- Started exercising more, with the help of C25K.
- Met Marissa for the first time, after eight years of being friends!
- Co-created a spreadsheet to keep track of 15 years’ worth of Arashi videos (shhhh, I like being organized!).
- Co-hosted the third annual Ontario Book Blogger meetup with the rest of the Ontario Blog Squad!
- Attended a YouTube festival, i.e. stepped out of my comfort zone and tried something new.
- Started planning a meetup for the U_M girls with Jojo.
- Donated to an IndieGogo campaign for the first time—Inaccurate Realities is now up and running!
- Interviewed the Fierce Reads authors as one of the Toronto reps during the book tour.
- Met and interviewed Ally Carter AND DID NOT CRY.
- Attended a blogger reading retreat with some of the Toronto Bloggettes–very little sleep, lots of laughing and amazing food!
- Started practicing my French and Spanish again with the help of Duolingo.
- Went to Philadelphia for the first time in ten years, which was an exercise in deja vu at the very least since almost nothing has changed.
- Spent more time with my cousins.
- Actively participated in social situations that normally give me intense anxiety.
- Discovered what might possibly be my favourite TV show ever: Nikita.
- Came up with some solid goals for 2014, even when it was hard to think of doing anything at all.
- Learned how to cook my favourite foods.
- Rediscovered how much I love writing, especially by hand.
- Did grown-up things, with minimal complaint and a little more self-confidence than in previous years.
Categories: life and times of angel