Day 1’s topic is all about book-related confessions, and do I have some deep, dark ones to share with all of you.
1. I don’t like writing reviews immediately after reading a book. It ruins the experience for me, and I like to let a book settle into my head before I start to pick it apart.
2. There are some genres for which I trust no one’s opinions.
3. I really, really hate it when covers for a series change halfway through the series or–god forbid–just before the last book is released.
4. The more a book is compared to Harry Potter, the less likely I am to read it.
5. I wish there were more morally gray characters in YA fiction.
6. It takes a lot to garner a reaction from me when it comes to romance in YA.
7. There are several books I’ve read that I knew I would have loved if the main characters–who later end up together–had just remained friends.
8. With a few exceptions, I really hate the dark, mysterious love interest trope.
9. Books translated from different languages are my favourite things in the world.
10. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve reread Anna and the French Kiss since it came out.
11. If I love a book, I will dog-ear it. I will also mark it up/highlight it.
12. Love triangles are the best way to get me to drop a book.
13. I have over 120 playlists for books/characters that I love. Fanmixes are my thing.
14. I am simultaneously fascinated/appalled by people who read the last page first.
15. I reread To Kill a Mockingbird, The Giver and Little Women every year.
Categories: Book Blogger 15 Day Challenge