I’m so happy to welcome you all to my very first big feature on the blog. November is my birthday month, and I can’t think of a better way to spend it.
Mermaids were the first otherworldly creatures I learned about when I was a kid. Those who’ve asked me about my blog name will know that I chose Mermaid Visions because of the stories my mom used to tell me about Atlantis and the mysteries of the sea. The ocean is the last frontier and mermaids are just one of the many myths and legends surrounding it. That fascination hasn’t waned in the last century–in fact, 2012 is going to see a whole new set of mermaid stories that will haunt and amaze readers all over the world.
10 wonderful authors will be making appearances here at Mermaid Vision Books:
- Aimee Friedman, with Sea Change
- Elizabeth Fama, with Monstrous Beauty
- Zoraida Cordova, with The Vicious Deep
- Helene Boudreau, with Real Mermaids Don’t Wear Toe Rings
- Karen Hooper, with Tangled Tides
- Sarah Porter, with Lost Voices and Waking Storms
- Anne Greenwood Brown, with Lies Beneath
- Anna Banks, with Of Poseidon
- Jackie Dolamore, with Between the Sea and Sky
- Derrolyn Anderson, with the Between the Land and the Sea trilogy
Every week in November, we’ll be talking to three of them about their books and why they love mermaids. I’m not going to lie, I’m very excited about these interviews because all the authors are so insightful.
Some guest bloggers will also be talking about their own fascination with mermaids and other sea creatures in a few truly excellent posts. And of course, what would this blog be without reviews of past and upcoming novels featuring our finned friends? Plus, we might have some shinies that you’ll want to enter to win!
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy swimming with Mermaid Vision Books this month!
Categories: Mermaid Month